Where to shop - Retail Venues:
- Etsy Shop
- Art House Centro in Tucson, AZ
- Beads of Courage in the Metal Arts Village in Tucson, AZ
- Cactus Quilt Shop in Tucson, AZ
- Dedicated GF in Tucson, AZ
- Hacienda del Sol gift shop in Tucson, AZ
- Litchfield Hills Eye Physicians
- Pop Cycle Shop 4th Ave in Tucson, AZ
- Tucson Botanical Garden gift shop
- Tucson Museum of Art museum store in Tucson, AZ
- Tubac Center of the Arts gallery shop in Tubac, AZ
- When + Where Co in Tucson, AZ
2019 Show Schedule
Nov. 16 - Kierland POP in Scottsdale, 10am-6pm
Nov. 23 - Tucson Takeover at the Churchill (Phx), 11am-3pm
About Alexandra Berger Clamons:
For most of my life I have held duel interests in art and science. I received a B.A. in both Environmental Studies and Studio Art, worked professionally in both art production/sales and environmental organizations, and landed full tilt in glass art - a medium that is science-based, visually stimulating, and allows for the use of recycled and upcycled materials. I started Plart in 2015 as a way of melding my love of plants and art into one cohesive venture.
My love of the environment, most directly my desert environment, translated into a line of stained glass cacti and other desert flora inspired pieces. Each new work is inspired by my day to day surroundings as I strive to pay homage to this amazing Sonoran Desert. I use mostly repurposed materials in my art - glass that has been handed down, upcycled mugs and pots, and recycled packaging. I focus on low environmental impact works that bring joy to those who view them.
In addition to my artworks, I am a Certified Master Gardener and an organic food grower, with a homestead called Blanton Plantin'. I am an active horticulture student, ever increasing my knowledge of desert flora, edible and flower gardening, and low water use systems. I teach arid lands gardening techniques and design responsible desert landscapes for clients in and around Tucson.